About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Still Fevering

Ethan continues to have fevers, so early this morning they added a stronger antibiotic, vancomycin. Hopefully, this covers whatever the problem is with Ethan. However, there is always the chance he is only fevering because his bone marrow is so beat up and his counts are low. They suspect this may be the case, since even in this poor state his body would likely produce some WBCs and he still hasn't. Really, that's a good suspicion, but they can't risk not treating him in case it is something more serious that they can't see.

Anywho, I'm guessing his fevers are going to start cutting back soon. Actually, the interval in between fevers is already getting longer. That actually began before they started the second antibiotic. I see that as progress, although the doctor didn't seem all that encouraged. Anyway, I know the little punkin is going to get better soon. Hopefully, we get out before Grandma Black arrives. She'll be here on Thursday. The kids are very excited!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment