About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

MRI Results

Ethan has been doing very well. Since we got out, he has only needed one platelet transfusion and that was last Thursday. He also had his MRI last Thursday and the results were good of course, no changes. Everything looked clean.

We went in this Monday and counts are continuing to climb, slowly but surely. We will go in again this Thursday to be sure he is creating his own platelets before we head out to UT for a couple weeks.

We got Ethan a bigger bike last week and a new helmet. Although he needs help getting on and off, he does a great job pumping those wheels on his own. He has enough balance now to stay upright with training wheels. Biking was his favorite thing to do before surgery, so hopefully we can get him back to that. It would sure give him some needed independence!

He is continuing all his therapies and will be starting homeschool again in late August. Thus, even though there is no more chemo, he still has a very busy schedule. This vacation will be a great break!

Thanks for all the love. Hope you all are well.

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment