About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fever - back in the big house

Ethan started feeling lethargic yesterday afternoon but didn't spring a true fever till the wee hours of the morning. He did, however, start vomiting quite a bit, and wasn't able to hold any tylenol down. Thus, here we are at the hospital again. They've started fluids, antibiotics, and I'm sure platelets and blood will be next. His temp has crept up to 102.

His eyes are really blood shot, but they get like that when his platelets are low. We will be here for 48 hours at least, to make sure no cultures grow back. He'll have to be fever free for a bit and his WBC should be at 500 or climbing as well. I don't believe it has to do with the peg tube this time, as it doesn't look the least bit irritated.

Hopefully, he'll be here just long enough to get some fluids and get those WBCs on the way back up. Will check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment