About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting Out - Finally

Ethan's ANC was 324.9 today. Typically, this would be a direct get out of jail free card, however, the attending this week is a bit more conservative than others with regard to the ANC. He really was pushing for 500, but we talked and since Ethan is clearly on a continued rise, he's going to let him out this afternoon!!! Ryan relieved me and will stay with him until the official release. He was getting another platelet transfusion when I left because those are still declining. He should start maintaining and producing his own platelets by week's end if not sooner.

This was a loooooong stay. Phew, so glad it's about over. Plus, we don't have any more chemo so we should not have to check in again.

Next up, clinic visit bright and early Monday morning. He may be due for platelets again... Then, Thursday, we have a sedated MRI scheduled. Then, August - da da na naaaaaa - vacation! Driving on up to Utah for a bit and getting out of this heat.

So, finally, things are looking good. Oh, and, before UT, Grandma Black is still coming out for a week. She had to postpone it one week, so now she's arriving next Thursday.

Thank you for all your prayers and positive comments. I know it helps.

Until later -

No comments:

Post a Comment