About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Friday, July 1, 2011

And we're home...

It may be 6:30, but knowing we no longer have to be admitted for chemo makes a late start and late discharge seem trivial. (Actually, it drives me nuts being at the hospital longer than planned, but Ethan and Ryan are cool about it.)

I know I keep saying it's the last round of chemo, but the last round actually includes one more shot of vincristine next week at the clinic. It'll be official then, but seems like more of a celebration today since he no longer has to be admitted to the hospital for meds.

We are so happy we've come this far and so thankful Ethan has responded this well. We will continue to pray for Ethan, that he remains cancer free and continues to regain strength and abilities he lost post surgery.

Thank you to all of you who have supported us along the way, in any way shape or form. You all are awesome!

I'll continue to make progress updates. We still have a bit of a road to travel, but we're almost there!

Have a happy fourth of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!!! We love you and miss you. Grandma will be there soon. We are enjoying her company so much. Love and kisses to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy News! Prayers are still in the forcast for sure! Hope you all had a GREAT 4th and will continue to have progressive days ahead :) We love you! xoxoxo L & C

    ReplyDelete