About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

7th Round of chemo - busier than ever!

Sometimes it does not pay to prepare. Got up earlier than usual and got to the clinic early and had to wait longer than usual to get the seventh round started (no designated appt time). Nevertheless, it's finally going and we are hoping to only be here through tomorrow afternoon. We've been busier than ever, with extra admits, MRIs, hearing tests, PT and OT twice a week, ST three times a week, and now, finally, home school twice a week! It's non-stop lately and I'm feeling the effects - Ethan is still handling it all pretty well. Although, he did not want to come in this round and was the most unhappy about it he has ever been. It seems since it was only a four-week cycle and since he spent an extra week of it in the hospital, it had an effect on him. Thankfully, we have only two more rounds to go after this admit!!!

The preliminary MRI results all look good. <3 <3

Will update you on our departure but a okay so far.

-Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Good news on the MRI so far! Awesome. You guys are so close to the end of the rounds. Hopefully after it all, things will settle a bit more into a flowing suitable routine. It's tough being present 24/7 with worry to boot! Stay strong! Love you!!! Les

    ReplyDelete