About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Okay - almost there...

I think we need to be more specific. WBC went up, but not quite enough and not with the type of WBCs we need - neutrophils. Soooooo, Think Neutrophils! Think Neutrophils! Think Neutrophils! His ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is still not there.

He is feeling much better and playing more. The doctor recommended a GSF shot to pump up those counts, but Ethan was not for it. I had Ethan talked into it when Ryan shot it down, but then Ryan realized it was just a quick shot in the arm. (He thought it was a new IV in the arm.) Yet, it was too late by the time we figured out the miscommunication and I already gave in, cancelled the order, and let Ethan know... so we'll hang in there one more day and if counts are still too low tomorrow Ethan said he'd reconsider the shot. The doctor was pretty convinced he would have been released tonight with the GSF boost.

Nevertheless, he started the climb up so maybe by tomorrow his neutrophils, specifically, will be high enough to let him come home safely. THINK MORE NEUTROPHILS FOR ETHAN. :)

At least we know the end of this stay is near. I'm getting too grouchy and I'm ready for some much needed sleep!

<3

2 comments:

  1. Prayin' for neutrophils!!! -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got your blog from kim. when i read your story and what has happen in your life it made me cry ! me and my family don't know you but we want to pray for you every day that everything their doing for you will help you and i hope you get better and grow up to be happy little boy! take care and were praying for you and your family niki felix casa crande az.

    ReplyDelete