About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Wednesday and I've had a good day so far. I did not want to practice walking this morning but I did do some leg exercises. I'm usually too tired to do much else, but that's okay - I'm still making progress. Radiation treatment was the fastest yet today. I was in and out in less than an hour. I still try to throw a few punches at my mommy every time a wake up. I'm very irritable for about a half hour after each session even though I'm getting a lite dose of anesthesia. I say no to EVERY thing and swing at my mom any time she tries to put my shirt on or put me in my stroller to leave. Heck, I even swing at her when she offers a new hot wheel to me! It passes though and then everything is just fine... I did clock her in the nose on Tuesday... she was a little more irritated than normal too.

Finally, we got rehab services in place. After the insurance company case manager did not come through with home care, nor my hospital, my mom decided to go with a place she found online that specializes in pediatric care. Also, it's not too far from our house. I will go in for speech therapy on Fridays and occupational therapy on Mondays. Physical therapy is all booked up, so temporarily I'll get PT every other Wednesday. As long as my parents get some sort of guidance and a home treatment plan, we will all be happy with that.

I have not puked since Sunday, although sometimes my tummy hurts a bit. Tomorrow morning my daddy will take me in for radiation treatment while mommy and Brynn sleep in... yay! I love hanging out with my daddy, of course.

TTYL- Ethan

2 comments:

  1. Ethan,
    I am sure I would feel irritable if I were in your shoes. The few times I have had anesthesia, I always felt tired, cranky, and just plain mad. Maybe mom needs to get an catchers mask or get you some boxing gloves until the worst is over. I hope that your home therapies go well. I know you will keep working hard. I am sure mom and daddy are tired but are so happy to have you home with them. I know that Brynn loves having her brother home. Your cousin Joe is home from college. We spent a little time together today. He is so tall..taller than Uncle Stacy! Love from all of us to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord - taller than Uncle Stacy? Hope you all have a good time together. Love you.

    ReplyDelete