About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hi Everyone,



It's Monday and it's been a pretty good day. I've only puked once! I had my first OT appointment since discharge and it went great. My mom really liked the therapists. She also liked the speech therapist I saw on Friday. I've done great on all my therapy sessions and continue to make progress every day. Yesterday, I went from laying sideways on the couch to sitting up all on my own. I can't wait to get a walker. The PTs are suppose to be working on it.



On Friday, when I went to radiation therapy, they had another problem accessing my port. I got really mad at the nurses and doctors and yelled at them in a very clear voice, "It hurts, it hurts, it hurts!" So when I'm motivated enough, the words are there.



My Uncle David was in town this weekend with his girlfriend Neda. They showered me with attention and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They do a really good job making me laugh. They left today and I'll sure miss them. So will Brynn.



Well, I'm going to turn into bed early. Hope you all had a nice weekend and have a better week.



Ethan

2 comments:

  1. Have a goodnight Ethan. I am so proud of you and your progress. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww sooooo sowwy Ethan that your voice had to come out when you were not comfortable! But the upside is, it's there! Which means your speech therapy will really help you a lot. I am so proud of your strength and courage and you inspire me everyday to be the best I can be! Your mom is amazing, but I am sure you know that. Remember to hug her everyday :) I know she loves that! Keep up the good work and I can't wait for you to get your walker! Big HUG and Kisses from CA! Love you!

    ReplyDelete