About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I puked three times after writing my blog yesterday. Never fails. Today went well though and so far, it's 7:42 pm, I've puked once only.

I had a rough night last nite, waking repeatedly, but fell asleep quickly each time. Then I got up early for radiation and went to my PT appointment where I did excellent and way more than anyone expected. Hopefully, the therapists will order my walker soon so I can make my way around the house. Daddy and I learned a few new therapeutic exercises to do at home to keep me busy. Tomorrow I have a speech appointment which should go well too.

Can't believe it's already going to be Friday.

I got some bad news today. I found out my hospital roommate died shortly after I was discharged. He had Medulloblastoma too. I know my roommate, Caden, who was only an infant, is a lot more comfortable now and no longer in pain. I will miss him. His family was sure nice to me and my parents when we shared a room during the hardest of times. Caden has a very cute two-year old sister, Carly, whom reminded me a great deal of my lil' sister Brynn - very friendly and cute. My heart goes out to his family, they were very kind people and I wish them the best.

Cherish every moment we have, the good and bad.

Nite.

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, You and Ryan are awesome parents. I loved listening to you guys teach and care for Ethan while we were roommates. I respect you both so much. Ethan we will be praying for you and your family. Good luck buddy. You are a strong boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan,
    I am so proud of you. I saw the picture of you standing holding yourself up and the table. That is a huge step. I am so sorry about Caden...makes me cry. He was so young and did not get much of a chance to fight it. We know how strong and determined you are and how you make the best of each day. My boys have some Brio trains and track that they used to play with at your age. They would love for you to have it if you still like to play with trains. WE all miss you. I really love to hear from you every day. Thank your mom and dad for being so amazing. Hugs and kisses to all!

    ReplyDelete