About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hi,

My mommy forgot to thank a couple people; Aunt Diana and Great Grandma Pritchett. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! And to everyone for your words of encouragement, positive thoughts and energy too!

The radiation treatments are giving me superhuman powers. While I take a nap, I can tap into the web with my mind and write this. Yes, that's right, while I take a nap. This nap thing is becoming a habit and my mom likes it. She laid down beside me first and then I guess I decided it was okay to do so too.

Today has been great! No puking, no coughing up blood and I seem to have a little more energy. Perhaps the radiation to the spine was causing the nausea. After radiation therapy, Daddy hung out in the morning while mommy ran a few errands. Then my Grandma Black stopped by and while I was very happy to see her my lil' sis Brynn was even more! Grandma Black agrees that I seem to be making a lot of progress physically.

I'm going bald fast and I'm not happy about it. In fact, I'm in denial. I still pretend I have short hair... I need to get more pictures up on this site. Oh, my eye infection has finally resolved. My eyes still get blood shot red after treatment but they are no longer seeping.

I'm still not talking, but I'm trying. I'll let you know as soon as I do. Tomorrow I have my first physical therapy and occupational therapy appointment since leaving the hospital. The whole family is excited about this. Yay!!! Then on Friday I return to speech therapy too. I'll let you know how those go.

TTYL!

2 comments:

  1. Superhuman powers??? That is great! I am glad to hear that you are feeling perkier and less pukey!!! I hate throwing up too! I have met many people that have fought cancer and they say their hair grows back thick and even wavy ! I know it must be scary when your hair falls out but you will see...it will grow back even thicker. Plus...you are so handsome that you look great no matter what. I am so glad you got to see Grandma today...she loves you and your sister so very, very much. She is my mommy you know, so I know how much love she has. I am glad you eye infection is better. I think your eyes get dry...like mine so use some tears and cool clothes....it feels so good!! Keep up the hard work with your physical and speech therapy too....I can't wait for you to be able to tell me how you are feeling. You must have so much on your mind and so many questions. Give everyone my love.
    Auntie Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete