About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's now Saturday and I'm doing much better than yesterday. Since I get my chemo on Fridays, I usually puke and feel very tired and weak. I'm really happy I don't get radiation treatment on Monday... a nice three-day break. Then, I only have two weeks left of radiation. Thank goodness! It's only been four weeks so far, but it feels like a really long journey.

I was very tired this week but cut back on my vomiting. My blood work showed that I am low on my counts but just above the cut off for getting a transfusion. It sounds strange but my mommy was actually disappointed I was just above the cut off, because after getting a transfusion I have so much energy and do so much more. I really didn't have any energy in my therapy sessions this week. I was so weak in my PT session that once again the therapist did not order the walker. This angered mommy, as I have my good days and bad days and just because I'm extremely weak this week does not mean I should not have a walker to practice with when I am up to it. Thus, daddy convinced my Neuro Oncologist to order one for me. It arrived yesterday!!! We were promised one when we were discharged from the hospital and got it a month later. You can imagine how much practice I could have had with it already. That's okay though, we'll take it from here. Although when it arrived, it did not have any wheels on it. Now we have to wait for the replacement, but since I'm worn out I can wait a bit longer. For now, I'll practice standing with it.

I never want to do my exercises but once I get started on them I have a lot of fun and do more than is expected of me. Well, at least when I'm at home playing with mommy and daddy. He, he.

I'm still breathing through my mouth but resistant to talking. I'm just so tired. I know I'll do more when I perk up. The radiation and chemo really does a number on my little body. I can't wait for my four-week break after I'm finished with radiation. It will be interesting to see how much I progress at that point.

My hair did not completely fall out. I still have coverage over my whole head, it's just really thin. It started coming out so fast I thought for sure it would all fall out. I'm happy with what I have left.

My right eye is still not tracking as it should and my parents speculate it's getting weaker. We'll see how things go on my break. The doctors do not seem overly concerned by it at this point. My right arm, however, continues to improve. I get a little stronger with it weekly although I still rely heavily on my left arm.

I hope we all have a nice weekend!!! It's hot but beautiful outside.

-E

1 comment:

  1. Have a great weekend Ethan ... I hope mommy and daddy get you to see the fireworks

    ReplyDelete