About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I was released yesterday afternoon. What a relief. The hospital isn't so horrible, but I get quite a bit more exercise at home, not to mention, everyone sleeps better. Thus, we're all very happy to be home again. My parents are now administering the antibiotics through my port and they find it to be really easy.

Lately, all I want to do is play UNO. Today, my Grandma Black came by to play with me. She almost put me to sleep! He, he.

I'm bummed I didn't get to go on my UT trip... mom's trying to figure out something fun for me, but now the doctors are trying to schedule more and more appointments for me. I was suppose to be on a break! Oh well, better do what the doctor orders and stay healthy.

Soon we'll be moving to Texas. Mom and Dad are trying to work out all the kinks so that my transition goes as smooth as possible, but the Army keeps changing things on us. Go figure! We're all trying to keep a positive attitude, although it's challenging at times.

Regardless, I'm really happy to be done with radiation and seem to be doing better daily. I sit up unassisted for much longer periods and I'm working hard on my walking. I also talk a lot more now. I don't quite speak clearly yet, but at least I'm willing to try.

I've been laughing a lot more too. What a blessing.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful remainder of the week.

-Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,

    Glad to hear that you are home. I know that being at the hospital is a pain in the butt. The fact that you are laughing more and talking more brings joy to our hearts. Watch out for Grandma....she is a good and sneaky UNO player....don't be too easy on her. I sure hope that your continued care can be worked out soon. It is so important that your care is seamless...the Army should have it together one would think!!!! Grandma and Grandpa are going ton miss you and Brynn, Mommy and Daddy when you move. We all miss you but I know they are used to being such a large part of your life. I wish you good times and good health in Texas. I hope that once things get situated...it will be a great thing for everyone. Keep up the great work. I spent the day with my boys...it was nice having everyone in the same place at the same time...it is rare these days now that they are getting all grown up- We went to a small lake that had a few water slides and kayaks and miniature golf. This huge and scary storm rolled in out of the blue...almost carried us away. We waited around for a while and then the skies turned blue again and we had the place to ourselves. Hugs and kisses to you, Brynn, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete