About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

HI,

I've been doing pretty good lately. Got over the nasty infection and slowly starting to come around. I continue to be able to sit up for longer periods and work hard by practicing my walking. I've been using my new walker. My mommy just holds my hips to help my balance, but I do most of the work.

I keep puking up my feeding tube. Mommy has to put it back in... I hate it... although it goes in really easily now and super fast. Still, I fight it. Mommy thinks it is coming out more often now possibly due to more throat muscles and mouth muscles waking up. However, while it was out, I had several bites of ice cream this morning!!! I'm going to try to eat a little bit every day now. My upper cheek muscles still have not woken up though, so it's a little challenging getting the food to the back of my throat.

This weekend Aunt Laura is in town. She's taking the family down to Tucson for my much-needed vacation - FINALLY!!! We decided to keep it closer to home and air conditioned. Plus, Tucson is kid friendly with lots of museums and stuff for me to do. I'm very excited about it.

I have a few doctors appointments within the next couple weeks, but no chemo till August 16th. I will check in then for a one-night stay at my hospital and receive a round of chemo. A week after that I'll receieve an out-patient round of chemo and then again one week later. Then, I'll have three weeks off. This will be recovery time until we start the cycle over again. So really it's a six-week cycle, but I receive chemo only in the first three weeks. Not excited about it, but at least I'm making progress. Once I start on August 16th, I will have 48 weeks of treatment - hypothetically. If I get infections or have to hold off on cycles that will set me back.

Thanks again to Everyone for their donations and support. Everyone has been really kind and amazing.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment