About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I had a great weekend. I went to Tucson and went to the Wildlife Museum, which was full of stuffed animals. It was really neat to see the actual size of all the exotic animals of the world! Many towered over me and I loved it. My lil' sis got to go swimming with my Aunt Laura at the hotel pool, while Mom, Dad, and I played new DS games. We also walked around Fourth Ave. It was a nice little getaway.

Yesterday, I wrestled with my Aunt Laura for over an hour. I repeatedly got myself up into a sitting position. I had so much energy! This morning, I had my hearing test to be sure the radiation didn't do any permanent hearing loss. Things checked out pretty good. I did seem to have a little fluid in my right ear, but nothing they were concerned about. My ANC (blood count) has gone up, so things are looking up there too. It's no wonder I have more energy. Even though they had to access my port at my appointment today and I got really mad about it, I had a good visit. Everyone was very impressed to see how well I'm able to walk with assistance.

A few minutes ago, I crawled to the edge of my bed and sat up on the edge all on my own for several minutes. My mommy didn't think I could do it for as long as I did. I showed her!

So it's all good news on my end. Hope you all are doing well too. Thanks again for all your love and support.

-Ethan

2 comments:

  1. Such great news....glad to hear that you are getting stronger every day. I know this makes mom and dad really happy too. You have so much going on...your going to move to a new city and meet new people and get better and go to school...I want to come visit you when you get all settled into your new place. I hope the doctors there are just as nice. I am sure that they are. My boys have been in Florida for 2 weeks and I miss them so much. They will be back soon. I will tell them how well you are doing. We really like the updates. Miss you all so much. Love to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Ethan!!! Way to go! So glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete