About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Things can change quickly...

We're back in the hospital. He started having low grade fevers yesterday and this afternoon it was high enough to head to the ER. Turns out his counts are all really low again and there is redness at his peg tube site - again.

He'll get platelets, fluids, Cephapine, and Vanco. We'll be here for a few days at least. As usual, Ethan's handling it well. The usual anxiety, but being a trooper. He's got the occasional fever shakes.

There are some new faces here on the floor, but they seem to be attentive and pleasant. Let's hope everything runs smoothly.

Ethan's not the only one in the hospital bed right now. His Grandpa Black is also TRAPPED! We hear he is doing well but won't be able to come out for the visit that was planned at the end of this month. Maybe if we can get Ethan well enough we can visit him before Ethan's next round. Regardless, we are thinking of Grandpa Black and hoping he gets better soon too.

We will update soon with any changes.

-Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment