About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cross your fingers, hold your breath...

Just spoke with Dr. Howell, his WBC is 500, ANC 125, but platelets were low again. They just gave another transfusion, however, she'll let us go home tonight as long as the cultures continue to be negative at 5:30pm. Yay!!! Praying we go home. This will be the shortest infection stay if so.

He has not had a fever since the first night and has been perking up. He is still a little shakey but he has the tendency to sit still when he's hooked up, so I'm trying to move him around and loosen his joints. He ate a decent lunch by mouth too!

They gave us a new ointment for his peg tube site too. Hopefully, it helps more the next time his counts are low.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment