About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Made it home just in time.

We got released shortly after six pm on Wednesday. YAY!!! You don't realize how much you enjoy the simple pleasures of life until you are deprived of them. I cannot tell you how thankful I was to be home last night.

Honestly, on Tuesday night I began to wonder if we were ever going home. Although he had been doing better, he seemed a little wiped out again that evening. I started worrying his temp would go back up and we'd sink again. However, by morning my fears subsided and once again he was doing great. He did have a little complication with one of his antibiotics while we were there. A slight allergic reaction, but nothing that came on sudden and nothing a little benedryl didn't take care of. They never figured out what the problem was but the doctors and I think it was the bug that Ryan and I had. Since his counts were so low, it effected him much more severely. Nevertheless, we really had a lot to be thankful for today.

Anywho, we are soooo happy to be home and he is doing awesome. He's finishing off some turkey as I write. Yes, at 12:46 am. We are night owls! Uncle Cole came over today and helped me cook, or rather, I helped him cook. It was pretty good for a couple vegetarians! However, Ryan failed to remark that the turkey was the best he's ever had.

Thank you once again for all your love and support. We had a great TG today, hope you did too. Enjoy the rest of the holiday week.

Love,

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you were able to be home for turkey day. You are so right in the fact that it is the small, simple things that we have to be thankful for. Being together,...home is a sacred place to be. Keep eating the turkey,...It will make you strong!!!

    Love and miss you all,
    Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete