About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Check up after 3rd Round of Chemo

We went in Thursday for Ethan's counts and Ethan's out-patient chemo (Vincristine). After I didn't hear back from the doctors regarding Ethan's counts, I called Friday morning and found out he needed a platelet transfusion. His ANC has dropped to 400 and his white blood cell count was pretty low.

We went in yesterday for the platelet transfusion and have been hanging out since. Unfortunately, this morning Ethan woke up with a low-grade fever. Ryan had a little bug on Thursday and it seems Ethan and I have contracted it. We just feel kinda achy and Ethan's a little feverish. As long as his fever remains low, we won't have to take him into the hospital. PRAY he pulls through. This is like the worst time for him to get sick with his ANC being low.

He's a little trooper though, so we"ll remain positive.

Other than the above, there is nothing really too new to report on. He had a great week and has been fairly active. He also had a great time with his Grandma and both he and Brynn were sad to see her go.

I'll post again soon with any changes. We are due for another check up Wednesday.

We hope you all have a relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hello all.
    I hope everyone is feeling better. I hope Ethan can kick this thing quickly. It is so hard when your immune system is out of whack. I know Mom had a wonderful time too and was sad to leave. She told me how amazing your kids are. She said Ethan is so entertaining and is coming along so well in spite of all the s%$# he is going through. I hope you all feel better and keep your strength up. Our thoughts are always with you and I have a picture of Ethan and Brynn in the waiting room of my my office. I speak freely with patients all of the time and many are saying prayers for you all. Miss and love you.

    Auntie Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Jessica

    ReplyDelete