About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Back in the hospital

We just can't get enough of this place. Ethan continued to have a fever all day and was on the cusp of a mandatory ER visit so we called the docs after all. As we suspected, they recommended we bring him in to be sure he does not have a serious infection, like a port infection. Unfortunately, when we got here we had a nightmarish time trying to get his port to work. After multiple pokes, and a couple hours, it finally started working. It was another horrible, traumatic experience for Ethan. He is now watching a Thomas movie, trying to relax. He seems to be very relieved.

Now, we wait a couple hours for the initial results of the blood work, but will know much more in 24 hours, due to the culture process. They've started the antibiotics and tylenol. We will be here for 48 hours,at least, for monitoring. Hopefully, it's nothing serious and we don't have to stay longer.

So folks, pray for our little guy that he recovers comfortably and soon. I'll post again soon.

Now, for a little rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment