About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Update

It's Sunday afternoon. We're just hanging out at the house. It's very hot here in San Antonio.

Ethan has done well so far, although his ear has been draining a bit. A bit of blood here and there, so we will go in first thing tomorrow to be sure his platelets are not too low. He seems to have a bit more energy this time since his dose of cisplatin was cut in half.

I'm really excited that we are nearing the end of his chemotherapy. This has been an intense year. Like many before us and after us, we value the simple things in life much more now. Money, jobs, foreclosures- they can't shake you like this!

After his last treatment, we will continue to see the doctor frequently to make sure all continues to be well. Then, hopefully, slowly, we will resume some "normalcy." I can't wait for Ethan to feel good again.

As always, thank you to everyone who reads these posts and prays for Ethan. Seems to me that is the most important and most powerful thing you can do for someone you love.

Alright, enough, enough. Hope you all are well. Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are well and coming to an end. I am sure your heart will smile to see him regain more strength back as the days follow with treatments left behind! I too am looking forward to that for ALL of you! We miss you tons. Hopefully one the normalcy kicks in, you will make it to Cali soon. xoxo Les & Carl

    ReplyDelete