About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ear infection

We came in last Tuesday and his ear was infected, but the meds for it have worked great. He was also bordering low counts so we returned last Thursday and got blood and platelets. Plus, he got his vincristine again last week.

Over the weekend he did fairly well. Seems a little weak and tired, but not terribly. He has vomited a little. He's also cut weight. We're in the clinic right now and I was surprised to hear he is only 43 lbs today. Back to three cans instead of two in addition to what he eats on his own.

All else is well. It's very hot around here these days. It's a lot like AZ. It's frustrating because you have to wait till evening before you can get the kids outdoors. However, there is always a nice breeze that helps relieve some of the heat.

If counts are good today, we won't have to come back for three weeks. We are just waiting to hear.

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a wonderful week. <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nikki... Ethan is so strong!!! Tell them we say hi!!! Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete