About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Doing great...

Knock on wood. It's hard for me to say things like this, because then it seems like something happens... However, we went in Monday and counts were holding so we went in again on Thursday. Although his ANC was still low around 300, he seemed to be on the climb back up. Cutting his cisplatin in half sure has helped this round. I can't remember a treatment wherein he only needed one blood and platelet transfusion and didn't have an unplanned stay in the hospital. PRAY it stays that way. If so, we have till June 30th before he goes in for his last round of cyclophosphamide.

He's definitely still weak but not very nauseous and in good spirits. Like I mentioned before, he dropped weight, but I was relying on him too much and doing less feeds than I should have been. When he's not fresh off the chemo he does a great job eating on his own. He'll probably put the weight back on in the next couple weeks.

So there you have it. Almost through it!!!

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear!!! We will pray for his endurance and strenght!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Praying - YOU GOT IT!!!! Hope all stays well and progresses nicely. XOXO

    ReplyDelete