About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Ethan went in yesterday for his last vincristine dose for this round of chemo. His counts were surprisingly high. He didn't need blood or platelets! His hemoglobin was getting very low, but he'll just get a blood transfusion when he goes in next week.

He has been having multiple therapies all week and seems to really enjoy them. Right now, we are waiting for his second official speech visit since moving to TX. Hopefully, he enjoys speech as much as physical and occupational therapy.

We also went to our pre-op appointments for the G-tube insertion and right ear tube insertion this morning. We are all set to go for the 22nd & 25th of October. They decided to split the procedures up. As long as his counts are decent next week, they will go ahead with both surgeries. The second surgery, for the g-tube, will require at least a one-night stay at the hospital, but Ethan should be feeling much better just in time for Halloween.

He has been a little nauseous but holding mostly everything down. He continues to eat a little by mouth every day, but is still not able to swallow liquids very well.

Have a great weekend!

Love, Nic

2 comments:

  1. HI Ethan,

    Aunt Laura finally figured out how to post a comment on here. I get so happy to hear you talking in the background when I call your Mom. Also, I'm so proud of you eating everyday too. I love your transformer Halloween costume, can't wait to hear about your trick or treating. I can't wait to come visit you and go out and have fun with you and Brynn!!
    Hopefully you're having fun with Uncle Cole and stinky breath Lady Bug. Will you please give Lady Bug and Brynn lots of kisses from Aunt Laura?

    Love you!!
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are getting bit stronger in spite of the harsh meds they are giving you. Your blood counts are good.....:) :) Hope the other procedures go easily and you can keep moving forward. Can't wait to see pictures of you in Brynn in your Halloween costumes. Joe, Alex, and Tyler don't dress up anymore...I miss those days! Hugs and kisses for everyone.

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete