About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ethan got a fever Sunday night and it got up to 38.2. The cut off for taking him to the ER is 38.3. I called the doc and explained he had a temp and that his right ear was bothering him. I explained that Ethan and his sister were roughhousing and Ethan's ng tube was pulled out. I had to re-tube him. We think this irritated things and some formula got up in those passages when it was pulled out. The doctor thought so too and told us to give him Tylenol , watch his fever, and bring him in the next day to the clinic to avoid the ER if possible.

When we went in yesterday morning Ethan was already feeling much better and didn't have a fever. He was prescribed antibiotics for his ear, got his blood counts, and we were sent home! What a relief, the old hospital would have had us come into the ER on Sunday and kept us for a week! Different philosophies about care we think. I like this one much better.

Ethan would have started antibiotics after the tubes were inserted on Friday anyway, so now we are just starting them a little early. He is doing well today and had his OT appointment this am.

On Thursday, when he goes in for his regularly scheduled appointment they will already have his blood transfusion ready for him since they typed him yesterday. No more eight hour days at the hospital for a two-hour blood transfusion! YAY!!!

I am really liking the Army Hospital.

I'll update you again on Thursday or Friday after his first surgery.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're happier with the new hospital. Thinking about you all and hope things continue on a positive track.

    ReplyDelete