About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Ear Surgery

Ethan's ear surgery went well. Although we arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am, it did not start till 8 am. Then, it only took about ten minutes! It seemed like they were rolling him back to me before I could get through one page in my book. It went really well and Ethan does not seem to be in any pain. Initially, when he woke up from anesthesia, he was crying saying his ear hurt but the nurse repositioned his head and then he was just fine.

We came home, hung out a bit, and then both of us crashed out on the couch. Brynn managed to entertain herself through our two-hour crash by watching Imagination Movers and Mickey Mouse Club. Although, I remember receiving multiple kisses and apparently I was playing dress up with her as she had her butterfly wings on me and all her princess jewelry out over me. She has really been a trooper through all this. I feel like she definitely has had an altered two-year old life with Ethan getting sooo much constant care, but I think she is handling it pretty well.

We are looking forward to the weekend - no appointments - but we will soon be back for the g-tube insertion. However, we gain quite a bit by getting rid of that ng tube.

Have a great weekend. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. i'm happy to "hear" it went well too. xxxoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the ear surgery went well....hope that the g tube goes easily as well. It is a blessing that Brynn is so easy going. Mom says she just goes with the flow. They are so cute together and I can't believe she is so grown up already. It is amazing how quickly Ethan's blonde locks start to grow back after chemo treatment. It will be so great when he is finished. I am happy Mom is coming out....I know she misses you all. I hope that you and Ryan are hanging in there. I am amazed by your strength. Lots of love to all

    Diana

    ReplyDelete