About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sorry about not posting earlier, we have been in the process of moving. I promise to update more often once we are settled. Ethan has been doing great; talking (getting clearer and clearer), walking (assisted), and in much better spirits overall. He did have a blood and platelet transfusion on Monday, but has still been really happy and animated lately.

This cancer thing is not an easy road to travel, but our little guy sure is coming around! We hope and pray we continue to see these positive changes... Well, we know we will.

He has one more AZ dr. visit before he takes the final drive to TX. We will check his counts on Friday and they'll boost him up, if needed, then we will head out and start again in TX. He is not due for another round of chemo till the 27th, so hopefully his little body kicks into gear and starts creating hemo and platelets on it's own.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped us on this journey. We love you all and appreciate everything ALL of you have done for our family. We look forward to many more positive posts!

Love,

Nikki & Fam

3 comments:

  1. Ethan and family....best of luck on your move to Texas. Moving is hard under normal circumstances but you have to get your new doctors and therapists and such. I know you will do great because that is the kind of young man you are. Positive and eager to just be well again. I saw a picture of your new house in Texas...it looks really cute. I can't wait to come for a visit. So glad to hear that you are feeling stronger and able to speak more too. Keep up the good fight sweetheart. Love to all.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. That post was under your cousin Tylers' account...did not want to confuse anyone...so many Tylers and Davids...hard to keep track. Love you lots!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we hope the move goes off without a hitch! Moving for me has always been bitter sweet. Hate the loading/unloading - however love the new start and newness. We are happy to hear that it all worked out and you are going to be settled soon. Please do keep us posted, I am sure there will be lots to share once the dust settles. Glad to hear Ethan is progressing every day. We are so proud to know he is in a loving home that is taking the best care of him. He is very fortunate to have parents like you two. Many would crumble under such stress. I know you all will prevail, one day at a time. Take pics of the move and share too! We love you! Les & Cal

    ReplyDelete