About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hi All,

Met my new doctors and they were extremely nice to me. The clinic is really nice, has tons of toys, and a huge playing area. This will come in handy for me and my lil' sis Brynn. They let Brynn ride tricycles up and down the halls while I played games with the docs. We were showered with toys too. I don't think I'll get bored when I have to stay overnight. The setting is really clean and I'll get my own room when I check in! That was the absolute worst thing about Phx Children's, even if it was a good hospital.
I get truly freaked out when I know the docs are going to access my port now. I get anxiety for at least a day ahead if I'm aware of an appointment. It's never as bad as I anticipate though and I perk up immediately afterwards.

San Antonio has been a lot of fun so far. We go on long walks through the park and woods every night or check out all the Victorian houses and mansions around. It's really pretty and there is a zoo, museums, and gardens within walking distance from my house. Oh, the Riverwalk is really close too.

I've been walking around the house a lot. I think I'm getting a little more comfortable with my walker too. I eat at least a snack a day now too! My parents are really happy about my progress.

My Uncle Cole has moved out here too to help out. He just got here yesterday. His dog is a lot of fun and Brynn likes to play frisbee with him. Oh and Uncle Cole was trying to teach Mom how to cook. She literally slaved away in the kitchen for four hours! I think they had fun though. I played with some clay for almost half that time while they cooked.

Dad has been going to orientation daily for his new job. Hopefully, he's starting to feel more comfortable with our new change. I think we all are. Our house is a very cute and very old Victorian; we all like it.

Well, wish me luck that I continue to feel so well and keep making positive changes. Thank you and love you all!

Little Ethan

3 comments:

  1. Nikki thank you very much for your words of encouragement for our son DJ. We appreciate having someone to talk to who knows what we are going through. Let Ethan know we will be following along to see him get stronger and stronger. Ethan will be in our prayers that we do every night with our children. "once you have hope anything is possible".-Christopher Reeves

    Dino & Kristen Rivera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad to hear you are settling in! Take pics! Take pics! I loved the pics with Brynn in the grass - she is so big! Stylish too ;) The video was cute too. :) So nice to hear about the progress, I think of you all often and it's nice to know, that there are so many things available close by to get the kids involved in. I am sure it's a great time for them. Keep us posted and glad to hear things are progressing. That is always good to hear! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ethan and family,

    I tried to comment on this post and I guess it did not go through. We are so glad to hear that you are doing better every day. San Antonio seems like it is really nice. I did visit Uncle Stacy when he lived there when Ayden was just a baby. I want to go to the Riverwalk with you. Grandma is here with me, visiting us in Ohio. We are so glad to have her. She sure misses you too. Glad you are liking your new doctors..we pray that everything continues to go well. Give hugs and kisses to Brynn, mommy and daddy from all of us.

    xoxoxoxx
    Love you all,
    Aunt Diana, Grandma, and Joe, Alex, Tyler

    ReplyDelete