About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

On my recent checkups, my counts have been good. No blood products have been needed. My speech has been coming along superbly too. My Uncle Cole thinks I'm walking better too. My strength is good, it's really just balance and coordination that I am working to improve.


I had a hearing test last week and I have moderate hearing loss now in my right ear. This may still be temporary or it could be permanent and from the radiation. Time will tell. In October, I will have a minor surgery to drain the fluid from my right ear. This, hopefully, will resolve my hearing loss.

Not sure if the right side of my face has come online yet. A future MRI may tell us something. There has been some recent twiching on the left (when I practice smiling).

Today, I am at BAMC receiving my second round of chemo. I have a lot of anxiety before any appointments but am comfortable now. My port was accessed without any trouble so that helped. I have a huge room all to myself and have been watching movies and playing computer games on my Uncle's laptop. They started chemo around 2 pm, so I should check out at 2 tomorrow. Wish me luck.

San Antonio is beautiful. This past week we checked out the local Zoo. It was great and I plan on making plenty more trips there. We also go to the local science museum. They're both within walking distance, so I'll get to go once or so a week!

My mom contacted Make a Wish and soon I'll get to pick a wish. Any ideas??? Please leave them in the comments section. I've always wanted a motorized vehicle of my own, but I am also contemplating an Alaskan Cruise (maybe see a Polar Bear). So leave ideas in the comments section for me, I'd love to hear them.

Have an awesome weekend. I'll check in with you soon!

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment