About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ethan has been doing great. His ANC was pretty low on Friday and the doctors were concerned about him developing an infection, fever, etc. while traveling but he has done superb. Despite the low ANC, he has had a fair amount of energy. He wants to walk everywhere and talks all the time now.

He is at his new hospital in TX right now getting checked out and getting a new doctor assigned. This morning he got to see his daddy get his first salute as a Second Lieutenant Army Officer. The General gave Ethan his own Warrior coin during the ceremony to recognize his own fight. It was quite a surprise and a wonderful gesture. Ethan will cherish that coin.

We will keep you posted. Hopefully his ANC has started to climb since Friday.

4 comments:

  1. That is great you guys. That is so neat he got his own coin. That made me cry. Keep on fighting buddy. You can do it! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! If anyone deserves a Warrior metal, it's Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Am so Happy for you! It sounds like a great place for you to be at right now for you and your family. I bet that suprise made Ethan feel great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you all made it to your new home and the trip went well. I am so proud of all of you...you all deserve metals for the courage and the strength you have shown this year. That was a kind and special honor from the General. Daddy must look very handsome in his uniform too. How is the new house? I saw one picture and it looks really cute. I am so glad that you are able to talk so much now...and it seems like you are getting around so much better. It is all the hard work...keep it up little soldier. Hugs and kisses to everyone. I can't wait to see pictures. I am sure your new doctors will be great!
    Love,
    Aunt Diana

    ReplyDelete