About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fifth Round of Chemo:

We went in Thursday, got his chemo, stayed the night, and got a whole lot of hydration. He did great and it all went smoothly. We're home now and happy things went so well. The only downer is that he was doing soooo well before he went in that it's much harder to see him struggling when he comes home from a new dose of chemo. He is so tired and is so nauseous, it's hard to see him like this every 4-6 weeks.

BUT, we are very thankful he has made so much progress. I can't wait till we are done with chemo!!! Only four more cycles to go.

We love you all and thank you for all your support. We will check in again next week.

3 comments:

  1. 4 and counting......almost there guys!!! 2010 was such a year of challenges and changes. I know this year will be better for all. You all continue to amaze me with your resiliency and drive to move forward. Proud of you all. Miss you all too much.

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in prayers!!! What a strong little warrior you have. So glad you have only 4 to go!!! Sending all my love! -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard it would be to watch him struggle with the side effects. He is a little champ. Just keep doing what you are doing and be his strength he draws from. I am sure it helps him more than he knows! We have you in our prayer set every night and are so happy to hear the progress and updates. This shall pass and he will become stronger again after some more time passes. Thinking of you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete