About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Well, my mom is REALLY tired. But we're hanging in there. This morning Uncle Cameron and Daddy brought me some new airplanes, jets and cars, so I'm pretty happy. I'm still making progress... trying to talk more and more. My lips don't quite come together yet, but we're getting there. I practiced speech therapy with mommy this morning and tried to quit after a minute, but a sucker enticed me back into practice. I did pretty well.

Today my parents encouraged the docs to let me go home soon. They all sounded pretty confident that I would be going home by Wednesday which could actually mean Thursday around here. Still, that is really exciting. I'll still have my feeding tube and possibly a suction tool, but I've been pretty healthy for several days so we should be in good shape. Wednesday is also the first day I go in for radiation. They don't actually start but set the machine up for me and "map it out."

My newest roommate had a horrible cough so Dad an Mom got really upset and the doctors decided to send that patient upstairs to the infections floor. I sure hope I don't get sick, I've had enough bumps in the road.

Looking forward to starting treatment, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ethan,
    I am so glad that you worked hard on your speech therapy even though you didn't feel like it. I know it must be lots and lots of work. I am sure mommy and daddy are very tired and can"t wait to have you home. Brynn will be sooooo happy too! I am sure that Ladybug has been very lonely since you have been in the hospital. I have a horrible cough right now too and I don't blame your mom and dad for being furious at the doc's who let a sick child near you. Don't they know how hard you have tried to stay well? I hope things go well for you on Wednesday. You still have a lot of work ahead sweetheart but just take one day at a time. I can't wait to come see you. Glad you got to see Cameron too. Everyone sends lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, hang it there - so many people are sending their love! Wed is right around the corner, so just take it day by day. I can't imagine how tough this must be on you all and good thoughts and prayers are being sent by so many people. We are all rooting for a sooner than later recovery. Nikki, wishing you and Ryan strength and rest as well as you two are his ROCK. I pray everyday gets easier and Ethan has the fastest recovery to date! Big BIG Hugs being sent from CA. Love you. Les

    ReplyDelete