About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

So all the big docs in town think I'm doing quite well. They're finally starting to see what my parents see all day long. :) :) Anywho, they might send me home this coming week and I'll get to come in Monday through Friday and do my radiation and rehab therapies out-patient style! I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that. I'll get to go home and see my best bud, Ladybug, and of course my sister, Brynn.

The radiation doc should be "mapping" my radiation treatment Wednesday, then I'll start treatment shortly thereafter. The plan is to have six weeks of radiation along with one chemotherapy medication. Again, this is only Mon-Fri and I don't have to stay overnight at the hospital. After that, I'll have four weeks off then I'll start my chemo cycles. This part is 48 weeks long, barring no complications or setbacks. There are two cycles, A & B. A requires a one-night hospital admission three times a month and B cycle requires a two-night hospital stay three times a month. The A & B cycles sort of rotate, though there are more A cycles than B. Not too bad, I think I can deal with it.

They're going to test my hearing frequently to be sure both the radiation and chemo are not damaging it too much. It may be affected somewhat from my treatment.

By the way, for those of you who know that my dad had cancer, this is in no way related to his cancer. Surprisingly, I did not inherit this from him. We just both happen to have a stroke of bad luck! That's okay, I'm tough like my daddy and I'll beat it too.

3 comments:

  1. Hey guys. Glad to hear surgery went well and you will going home soon. I am running this on my personal FB page and the Hollywood Closet Clothing Fan Page as well. I hope it will generate some donations for you guys. Love you and keep the blogs coming! Les xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan,
    I am so glad to hear that you may be home soon. It will be so nice to be in your own bed and I am sure Brynn and Ladybug, along with Mommy and Daddy, will be thrilled! You treatment sounds long and like a lot of hard work but we know you are up for the fight. Yes....your a fighter just like your Dad...your Mommy is a tough little cookie too!! Miss you and love you. Aunt Diana and cousins Joe, Alex, and Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Les! You're the best. L, Nic

    ReplyDelete