About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Yup, it's an infection and his...

Platelets were extremely low this morning (12,000). He got another transfusion today. He also got antibiotics prescribed for his g-tube infection. The gastro doc thought it probably developed from friction (creating a sore-like ulcer), then low white blood cell counts not being able to help it heal, etc. Regardless, Ethan seemed a little perkier this morning, even before the transfusion. He is much more sensitive at the site of the g-tube though. I'll have to clean it excessively and such but we're used to that around here. Hopefully, by his next check up on Thursday the little guy will be in much better shape.

Ah, we made it through the weekend. It was a sleepless one for me, but I feel much better now knowing he's getting the attention he needs. Turns out that even if I had wanted him to be transfused on Friday, he wouldn't have been in the clinic. They were closed due to the snow.

Now, time to relax a bit... Dino Dan is on the tube and I'm going to bury my nose in a book for a few.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment