About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Knock on wood:

The next time I try to post about how normal things are - stop me, or at least knock on some wood. He has been crazy weak, has had a low grade fever, and bruising everywhere. I really should have taken him in Friday. I think another transfusion of platelets would have got him through the weekend successfully. He started puking and got a low-grade fever last night. He was also being really sensitive about his g-tube but said there was no pain. I called the doctor last night to report the fever and such, but he did not want me to admit him to the hospital unless his fever became problematic. Also, Ethan kept saying he was fine, although he clearly didn't want to go the hospital. The doctor thought it was best to wait till his Monday appointment. I'm sure keeping him out of the hospital is always the best option unless he is fairly acute. However, tonight I can see his g-tube is probably infected. It has suddenly become much more red and even a little swollen. No oozing yet, but I'm sure that's next... Anyway, we'll go in tomorrow morning and hopefully more platelets and some antibiotics will do the trick. I really hope he doesn't have to be admitted.

Totally stressful weekend, but it could always be worse. I'm thankful this is all I'm worrying about now. :) I'll post again tomorrow.

-Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment