About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Last minute surgery-

We went in yesterday afternoon for a general surgery consult to discuss and schedule removing Ethan's port. Turns out, a patient had just cancelled an appointment for this morning, so they scheduled Ethan in. We did pre-surgery processing last night, got up eeeaaarly this am, and he was in and out in just a few hours! The surgery went smoothly, the doctors were very kind, and Ethan's already home playing his Wii. Kinda crazy how it was just thrown together, but it all worked out. He now will only have to get blood drawn every three months and will not have to be admitted if he gets a fever for a minor illness. YAY! We are glad it's done. We now have a souvenir, too. We have yet to keep anything left over from his surgeries, treatments, etc. but I thought keeping the port would be cool. Much easier to hold onto than a giant radiation mask. Until next post. <3

1 comment: