About Me

My photo
Hi, I am an adorable, blonde, blue-eyed young man. I had Medulloblastoma - cancer. I had a successful resection of my brain tumor, completed six weeks of radiation, 15 months of chemo, and countless surgeries and therapies as the result of treatment effects. These entries journal much of my treatment and progress. I have come a long, long way and I am doing awesome today! Feel free to read and share my story.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Surgery Part One Complete:

As many of you facebookers know, surgery went well. Sorry to those who follow this only, although I'm not sure there are any, for not updating this quicker. Surgery was about ten hours but all went well. Ethan was in the ICU for 3 days only and another couple nights on the peds wards before being released. It wasn't until he was released that we ran into a little problem. His cheek filled with fluid and became very swollen. However, at that point, the doctors were confident the build up and swelling would subside without any intervention. After five days or so, it did! He still looks pretty banged up, but he's feeling really well. In typical Ethan fashion, he required few pain meds and hardly complained. Our little guys is a champ! We do not expect to see any twitching for 2-3 months. If it begins, we will know the surgery was a success and we can schedule round two for the other side. Thankfully, the eye surgery is complete so he will not have to repeat that again. The eye surgery so far seems to be a success as well but there is so much swelling we won't know that for a bit either. Overall, we are really thankful for how things turned out and are wishing for the best in the future. Thanks and love to all who support Ethan!

1 comment: